The Law School Complex
The Law School complex consists of three buildings: Klein, Barrack, and Shusterman halls, all conveniently located within one block on Temple's main campus. To view a map of Temple's campus with the Law School buildings highlighted, click here.
Klein HallBuilt in 1973, the Charles Klein Law Building is the main Law School building and is where law students spend most of their time. The recently renovated law library is located at the center of the building and offers a great light-filled atrium. all of the classrooms have state-of-the-art video and audio equipment used in teaching. Six mock trial practice rooms are furnished with judicial benches, jury boxes, and video and audio equipment for use in the trial advocacy program. The Duane Morris Moot Court Room provides space for moot court competitions, lectures, and meetings.
Klein Hall also houses the Dean's office, the offices of all full-time faculty members and many other administrative offices. The first floor is home to The Lucky Cup, where students can get a cup of coffee or a sandwich before heading off to class. The Lucky Cup stays open in the evenings for the convenience of our evening students, who often come to class straight from work.
Barrack HallThe newest Law School building, Morris and Sylvia Barrack Hall, opened its doors in spring 2002. Originally known as College Hall, this granite building was built in 1893 and served as the Law School's first home when it was founded in 1895. The complete interior and exterior renovations of Barrack Hall combined historically-derived finishes, materials, and details with modern "smart" technology. The three story building is the home of a spacious and comfortable student lounge, student organization offices, and high-tech classrooms along with the Career Planning, Registrar, Student Affairs, and Admissions and Financial Aid offices.
Shusterman HallOpened in 1997, Murray H. Shusterman Hall is a converted Gothic-style church. The building provides a conference center with cutting-edge technology for Law School symposia, faculty meetings, and other gatherings. "Smart" facilities at Shusterman Hall include computer hookups, Internet access and multimedia projection capability.
Law LibraryWith more than 600,000 volumes, Temple's law library is among the largest in the nation. The library spans the third to eighth floors of Klein Hall and includes seven levels of book stacks. Study carrels are available on each level and there are two multilevel reading rooms. During the academic year, the library is open for day and evening classes seven days a week.
The library collection features a unique group of 17th, 18th, and 19th century law books that together constitute the William Rawle Collection. Rawle was an early scholar of the Constitution and the founder of Rawle and Henderson, the oldest continual law firm in the nation. The Rawle Reading Room, a replica of a 19th century lawyer's library, brings this valuable collection to students of legal history.
Law School BookstoreThe Law School bookstore, Barnes & Noble, is across the street from Klein Hall on the northwest corner of Broad Street and Cecil B. Moore Avenue. In addition to offering a wide variety of both legal and non-legal books and Temple Law merchandise, the bookstore contains a Starbucks coffee bar and sandwich shop. A quiet seating area provides students with a place to sit, chat, and relax between classes.