Temple’s Employee Benefits Certificate Program is designed for those who see the benefits of additional training but do not wish to pursue an LL.M. degree at this time. The program exposes students to the sophisticated federal laws which govern the provision of employee benefits.
Admission to the Employee Benefits Certificate Program is based on the same criteria applicable to degree candidates for the LL.M. in Taxation. Each student must complete the Certificate requirements within two years of initial enrollment and achieve a final GPA of 2.5 from the eight credits listed below. Those who complete the Certificate may continue taking courses and earn the LL.M.in Taxation.
- Introduction to Employee Benefits Law (2 credits)
Choose three of the following:
- ERISA/Fiduciary Provisions (2 credits)
- Taxation of Executive Compensation (2 credits)
- Qualified Employee Benefit Plans (2 credits)
- Welfare Benefit Plans (2 credits)