Wise Guide

List of Links to Useful Information

Address Changes (Including Email)

Students should promptly report changes of address by entering the information electronically through Self Service Banner on TUPortal. Alternatively, changes can be reported in writing to the Law School Registrar, 103A, Barrack Hall, (215) 204-1610.

Audio-Visual Equipment

Audio-visual equipment can be reserved through the Media Services Office in Klein Hall, Room 104 or email tlawav@temple.edu at least 24 hours in advance of an event.

Auditing Undergraduate Courses

Law students may audit one Temple undergraduate course per semester free of charge. No credit is accepted toward the J.D. degree from an audit. There is no final exam for an audit. Interested students should consult the Office of Student Affairs at the start of the semester to register to audit an undergraduate course. Do not register through the University Registrar or Self Service Banner because it will cause an additional tuition charge to be added to your bill.

Computer Loans

The law school offers currently enrolled students with a valid student ID the opportunity to rent laptop computers and modems at a nominal fee for school or home use. Computers may be reserved from the desk in the Student Research Lab, Law School, Room 320, Klein Hall. For more information on policies and charges, please contact Dan Henderson.

Emergency Contact

For those who need to leave a daytime emergency contact number at home, the Student Affairs or Registrar's Office numbers are recommended. Either office can locate students in class in cases of emergency. The numbers are: Student Affairs (215) 205-8574, Registrar's Office (215) 204-1610. For on-campus emergencies, or during evening hours, dial (215) 204-1234 for Campus Police.

Fax Machine

A fax machine is available for student use in the Student Research Lab in Room 320. It costs $2.00 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional page. Payment must be made in the form of a check or money order made payable to Temple Law School SBA or by Diamond Dollars.


Fingerprinting service is available on Tuesdays and Fridays from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm at Campus Safety Services' headquarters. Law students may be required to provide a set of fingerprints for certain state bar exam applications; however, you must bring your own fingerprint card provided either by the bar examiners office or by the state police.

Good Standing Letters

Letters of good standing can be obtained by submitting a written request to the Office of Student Services, Suite 103, Barrack Hall, (215) 204-8574 on a form provided for that purpose. Forms are available outside of the Registrar's Office. Please allow one week for processing.


Those students anticipating graduation in the upcoming semester must submit an Intent to Graduate form to the Registrar. The Registrar's Office will make known the date by which the form must be submitted. Prompt submission of this form ensures that the student can be included in the proper graduating class. Failure to submit the form may delay graduation. A graduation fee will be assessed and billed to all students during the semester of their graduation, and it must be paid prior to the graduation date.

The Law School's graduation ceremony is held in May. January and prospective July graduates of the same year are welcome to participate. Details are made available to graduating students in late spring.

Guided Research

A "guided research" is a writing project worth 1 to 3 credits completed under the guidance of a full-time faculty member. A guided research may be used to satisfy the upper level writing requirement if it is at least 2 credits. A student interested in such a project should approach a faculty member who teaches in the area of interest for approval of the project. A Guided ResearchFform, available in the wall rack in Barrack Hall Suite 103, must be completed by both the student and the faculty member and returned to either the Registrar's Office or the Office of Academic Affairs. Students are not permitted to register for more than one guided research per semester.

Health Insurance

Temple University and the American Bar Association (through the Student Division) both offer health plans for law students.

Temple's Student Health Insurance Open Enrollment begins on August 19, 2013 and ends on October 18, 2013. The insurance coverage is effective September 1, 2013. For more information, go to the Human Resources web site.

Questions about the Temple Student Health Insurance Plans can be addressed to the Temple University Benefits Department at (215) 926-2270

For information about health insurance through the American Bar Association visit www.uhcsr.com/ABA or call the ABA Student Insurance Division (800) 237-0903, or Mega Health Insurance (800) 767-0700.


Lockers are available to students on a first-come, first-served basis. They are located on the first floor of the law school. To request a locker, newly admitted students can go to Admissions Office in Barrack Hall, Room 101. If you are a returning a student please go to the Student Services Office in Barrack, Room 103 to get a new locker.

Lockers may be kept until graduation. Should a student decide not to keep a locker, the Operational Services Office must be informed no later than May 31. If a student takes a leave of absence, his/her locker will be reassigned. Upon returning from a leave, a student may apply for a new locker assignment. Temple University is not responsible for the contents of the lockers.

If you have any problems with your locker, please inform Operational Services 204-7862 in Klein 513.

Lost & Found

Operational Services Office in Klein Hall, (215) 204-7862; and Campus Safety Services, (215) 204-2004 - The two locations listed above should be checked for lost and found items.

Lost ID Cards

Faculty & Staff
Contact the Personnel Office in Room 203 U.S.B. or call (215) 204-7174 to replace a lost ID
A lost or stolen student ID must be reported to Campus Police at 12th & Montgomery Ave. (enter on the Montgomery Ave. side). You must also protect Diamond Dollars funds and other privileges by deactivating the card through either the Diamond Dollars web site, or by contacting the Diamond Dollars Office at (215) 204-3140. To have a replacement card printed, visit the Diamond Dollars Office at 1910 Liacouras Walk, Room 202. There is a fee of $10.00 to replace an ID

Residency, Pennsylvania State

Students should contact the Academic Records Office in Conwell Hall, (215) 204-1131, for guidelines and application forms to establish permanent Pennsylvania residency which, if granted, would allow them to be charged the in-state tuition rate.

Studying at Another Law School (Visiting Student Status)

Students who wish to study at another ABA approved, AALS member law school during their third year may apply a maximum of 30 transfer credits toward their Temple degree. To receive credit for work at another law school, a student must receive advance permission from the Associate Dean for Student Affairs and have all courses approved in advance.

Permission to study at another school in the second year requires Administrative Committee approval.

No credit will be accepted for courses in which the student received below the average grade required for graduation at the transferring institution, which generally means a 'C' or better. Pass/fail courses do not meet this requirement. No credit will be given for internships. The grades earned for a full semester at the transferring institution will not be calculated into the student's G.P.A. at Temple.

Students who wish to transfer credits from another law school to Temple Law School must have the visited school send an official transcript to the Temple Law School Registrar upon completion of each semester spent visiting.

Due to the differing graduation dates, it is possible that visiting at another school in the final year could delay a student's Temple graduation date and could affect the student's ability to take the July bar examination.