1. Last year, 63% of contributions from graduates and friends went to the endowment funds that provide scholarships, research support, curriculum enhancements and improvements to facilities; 37% went to direct expenses for Clinical Programs, Student Organizations lecture programs and law library enhancements
2. For the 2009-2010 fiscal year, the average gift to the Law School Annual Fund was $500.00.
3. Please make your check payable to Temple University Beasley School of Law.
4. Yes. You can use Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. To make a credit card payment over the phone, please contact Colleen Uhniat, Director of Development at 215-204-2246.
5. Please mail your contribution to: Temple University, Beasley School of Law, Office of Development, 1719 N. Broad Street, Philadelphia PA 19122.
6. Yes. You will receive a computer generated receipt from the University for tax purposes. You will also receive a personalized thank you letter.
7. Matching gifts are welcome and get credited to the individual as well as the firm.
8. Yes. One partner has to be declared as the primary donor and the other will receive memo (SOFT) credit. Both will be listed in the Development Report.
9. Click Here for the List of Named Scholarships and Awards
10. Temple's REPORTS ARE GENERATED on a fiscal year calendar from July 1 through June 30. Our Annual Fund Campaign mirrors the fiscal year not the calendar year. This can cause confusion for donors who donate between July and December: FOR EXAMPLE, A gift received from July 1 through December 31, 2009 will be reported in our published Development Report in November 2010 as a gift to the Annual Fund 2009-2010 Campaign. A gift donated from January 1, 2010 and June 30, 2010 will be reported in our November 2010 Report, but a gift made between July 1 and December 31, 2010 will be reported in our November 2011 Report.
11. Yes. Just make a pledge and indicate the time frame for the payment.
12. The minimum contribution for a professorship is currently $1,000,000 and $2,000,000 for a faculty chair. Donations to existing chairs may be made in any amount. Please click here for a list of named professorships and chairs and the current appointed faculty.