The Temple Summer Professional Experience Curriculum is a 10 week program designed to integrate real world experience with reflection, exploration, and the early development of professional identity. T-SPEC was created for rising second-year day and third-year evening students and is a five credit curriculum that combines in-depth participation in an approved externship Monday through Thursday (minimum of 32 hours a week) with a weekly classroom component held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. If you are interested in thoughtfully examining the role of an attorney in society, engaging in real-world situations, and formulating a framework for your unique professional identity, then this summer experience may be right for you.
About the Program
- Five credits
- Externship participation requirement of 32 hours per week (minimum)
- Guidance in obtaining an externship available
- Classroom requirement: Tuesday 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and Thursday 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Two papers of 8 to 10 pages in length
- Tuition $3,125 ($125 program fee)
- Financial Aid available
- Applications accepted beginning March 21, 2016
- Include resume and statement of interest / cover letter
- Statement should include whether you have obtained an internship or the area of law in which you would like help finding one