About the National Trial Team
At Temple, you can take full advantage of a robust trial advocacy program and experiential learning opportunities that will give you the tools you need to succeed in any courtroom. Simply put, Temple trains trial lawyers. We offer basic, intensive and advanced programs in both civil and criminal trial advocacy, a variety of specialized litigation courses, and a host of clinical and externship placements so that students have the chance to practice what we teach. Our nationally acclaimed year-long Integrated Trial Advocacy Program (ITAP) gives upper-level students an opportunity to acquire the type of litigation and trial experience that many lawyers cannot gain in a decade. Our advocacy program also offers courses and training for students who are interested in appellate practice and the art of oral argument.
The trial team members are chosen through a competitive selection process. Membership brings academic credit. Team members enroll in two Advanced Trial Advocacy Courses: Pre-Trial Motions Practice and Evidence Strategies. In their first year of membership, students earn four credits. In their second year on the team, students earn three credits. Team members try at least two cases per year – one fall and one spring.
- 2017 National Civil Trial Competition – Semi-finalists (Read Story)
- 2017 National Criminal Justice Trial Competition – Quarter-finalists (Read Story)
- 2017 Capitol City Challenge – Semi-finalists (Read Story)
- 2017 National Trial Competition, Region III Championship – Winner (Read Story)
- 2016 National Criminal Justice Trial Competition – Winner (Read Story)
- 2016 National Trial Competition, Region III Championship – Winner (Read Story)
- 2016 National Trial Competition, Region III Championship – Joel Michel receives Edward Ohlbaum Best Advocate Award (Read Story)
- 2015 Puerto Rico Trial Advocacy Competition – Winner (Read Story)