Fall auditions for spots on the Temple Trial Team will be held on Wednesday, August 28th. All current students beyond their first year may audition for these spots.
Students should give a 5 minute opening statement for the casefile posted below, State v. Gino Boatwright.
You may be interrupted and asked to address a particular part of the case and how it bears on the argument. You may also be asked to speak extemporaneously about a topic of our choosing. Finally, you may be interviewed about your background, schedule, and commitment.
Students should dress for court for the tryout and should bring a resume.
We hope to have final selection of 2019-2020 trial team completed by the end of the first week of classes
- State v. Boatwright Casefile
- Memorandum to Prospective Trial Team Members
- Opening Statements Narrated PowerPoint
- (You must download the presentation to hear the narration.)
- Opening Statements Articles_NITA 2018
- Video Samples of Openings and Closings
Fall auditions will be held on Wednesday, August 28th, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. To sign up, stop by the Trial Advocacy Office, K612, or email Mary Beth Wilson at email@example.com to secure an audition time. Auditions are scheduled in ten minute increments.