Applicants must have completed their first year of full-time legal studies or its equivalent and be in good academic and disciplinary standing at an American Bar Association accredited law school. Applications are accepted year-round, up to a year in advance, and are due no later than October 15. Our admissions process is selective, and we make admissions decisions on a rolling basis. Students should apply early as the Japanese government requires that substantial paperwork be submitted to support a student visa. Visa application materials are due no later than October 15. We limit enrollment to 85 J.D. students.
Applicants to Temple’s Law Program in Japan must submit:
- A completed application form.
- A one-page personal statement.
- An official law school transcript sealed in an envelope issued by the applicant’s law school. (Temple students exempted.)
- A letter from the applicant’s law school that indicates the applicant’s good standing. (Temple students exempted.)
- A $50 non-refundable application fee. (Temple students exempted.)