Applying for Acceptance
We are currently accepting applications for a program start date of August 1, 2019.
Application deadline: April 1, 2019
To apply, applicants should email the below listed documentation to Joel Houkom (firstname.lastname@example.org) as scanned PDF attachments.
- A current curriculum vitae or resume which includes a publication record and any significant awards and honors received.
- An outline of your research proposal (not to exceed 1000 words).
- Evidence of English language proficiency – The Department of State requires scholars to have “sufficient proficiency in the English language, as determined by an objective measurement of English language proficiency, successfully to participate in his or her program and to function on a day to day basis”. Exam must have been taken within the last two years.
Proficiency can be demonstrated as follows:
- One of the following recognized English language tests:
- A minimum TOEFL score of 88 – Internet-based (iBT);
- A minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (Academic, not General Training exam);
- A minimum PTE Academic score of 53; or
- Certification or transcript confirming that the applicant received a degree from an institution where the primary language of instruction is in English.
Candidates preliminarily accepted into the program by the law school will be directed to the university’s online application system (D1) to submit additional documentation for purposes of final approvals and, where relevant, the visa process. Note that this process can be time consuming, as revisions to documentation may be requested. It is strongly advised to begin this approval process early, as your arrival date cannot be less than 3 months from the date the Destiny 1 application has been successfully submitted to the university.